Welcome to Greens & Coffee Beans! My Name is Lea, I’m a college student with a huge interest in healthy living and a non-health related major. That’s where this handy dandy blog comes in, it let’s me nerd out about vegetables, fitness and everything in between.
A little more about myself – because lists are more fun
- I’ll be a senior at Appalachian State University in little old Boone, NC.
- I’m majoring in Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology (longest degree name ever, I know) with a minor in Dance
- I’m hoping to work as a graphic designer once I graduate
- I’ve been a vegetarian for the past 6 years and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
- I’m a vegetable FIEND. Don’t get behind me at the salad bar, just don’t.
- I follow a gluten-freeish diet, I don’t have celiacs, but I find I feel a lot better when I don’t eat gluten so I try to keep it to a minimum. That doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy gluten-filled goodies on special occasions.
- My fitness drug of choice is dance, I’ve done all types and I’ve been at it for 17 years
- I’ve recently gotten really into running, I’ve completed several 5Ks, an 8K, and a 10K. You can find my race recaps here.
- I teach Pilates at my University! Best job ever. I’m hoping to get a real mat certification in a few months.
- I love Yoga. If someone would just pay me to do that full time I’d be content.
- I’m a hardcore coffee addict. Hence the blog name. It’s magical and I could drink it 24/7, sometimes I do. There’s nothing wrong with a cup of coffee at 2 am.
- I love cooking, I’m not the best at it, but I don’t care.
- I have 5 cats. Ridiculous? Maybe, but you can’t deny those cute fuzzy faces.
- I love peanut butter. A jar won’t last more than 4 days around me. It’s a problem I’m okay with.
- I can make more healthy meals in the microwave than you would think possible. Thanks college.
- I used to have purple hair, sometimes I still miss it.
Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy it!