This has got to be snappy because I’ve got 3 exams in the next 2 days and this girl needs to get some studying done! So this week I’m celebrating ‘What I Ate Wednesday’ with a smoothie recipe.
(Thanks for hosting Jenn!)
Sunday afternoon I was looking for something hearty to power me through a Finance study sesh, luckily this smoothie did just the trick. It’s got plenty of proteins and plenty of greens to power you through an afternoon of bond valuations, stock pricing, and annuity schedules. Now if only it would warm up enough so that I wouldn’t have to huddle in a pile of blankets after drinking it.
PB & Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 – 1 banana (depending on how much sweetness you want)
- 2 tbsp PB2
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used sunflower seed milk)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla (you could also just use vanilla yogurt)
- Avoid brain freeze.
Are you a smoothie fan?
Have you tried PB2? I just bought my first jar and I’m OBSESSED.
Posted by greensandcoffeebeans on May 9, 2013
Happy almost Friday!
It has been one rough week over here and I am more than ready for the weekend. I woke up Monday morning with a stomach ache and welp, it was all down hill from there. I will just say I spent all Monday praying to the porcelain gods and hating life a little. Yeah, rough.
Today I thankfully feel back to normal and it’s about time too. It has been 7 days since my last workout, 5 days since I’ve eaten vegetables or drunk coffee and 3 days since I’ve had peanut butter. I’m not sure how I’ve functioned without all those things, but I can I assure it was not well.
I’m sorry coffee but you still make me want to puke a little. Give me a few more days and I promise I will be back to chugging you like a champ.
Luckily the rest of this week is looking up!
I have a (glorious!) 4 day weekend ahead of me, some much needed time at home (nothing makes you miss your parents more than being sick alone in your college apartment, good thing I have really awesome roommates who bring me ginger ale and applesauce) and some warm spring weather. Boone decided to be a poo-head and dump 8 inches of snow on us the past four days. I think someone needs to tell mother nature it’s officially spring because I’m not sure she’s gotten the memo.
I totally ate it on some ice on the way back to my apartment yesterday. No more snow please.
If you’re hoping for spring weather like I am, try making this smoothie, cranking up the heat and pretend it’s 75 degrees outside instead of 25, while you drink your smoothie and bask in the warmth. Just don’t blame me for your crazy how power bill.
Creamy Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothies (vegan!)
- 1/2 package silken tofu
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 2 cups of spinach (or really as much as you can shove in your blender, the more vitamins the merrier)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- a sprinkle of cinnamon (or much more if you’re a huge cinnamon lover like I am!)
- ~1 cup ice, or until desired frozen-ness is reached
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Blend. Easy peasy.
- And don’t forget to clean out your roommate’s blender because she won’t appreciate you borrowing it if you leave green stuff in it. Though I don’t understand why not.
What are your go-to sick foods? Ginger ale and applesauce, and I remember growing up my mom always mixed juice and sprite together for me when I was sick, it was like the ultimate feel better drink.
Do you have any Easter plans? Is it sad that I really miss Easter egg hunts? Those things were awesome.
Posted by greensandcoffeebeans on March 28, 2013