You know the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Well I keep the doctors very far away because I eat apples like they’re going out of style. Seriously, 2-3 a day everyday.
Apples are crisp and refreshing and one deliciously healthy afternoon snack. Even though apples are absolutely perfect on their own, sometimes you gotta jazz things up a little 🙂
Sauteed Coconut Apples
- 1 apple sliced (I used golden delicious because they’re my favorite, but use what you like)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (but if you’re a vanilla lover like me, you can bump it up to 1 tsp)
- Pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- In a small pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil until melted
- Add apple slices, stirring occasionally until apples start to soften
- Sprinkle in shredded coconut, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, stirring until coconut is lightly browned.
Makes 1 snack-sized serving
Watch yo’ self owl, I fight you for those.
Do you like apples?
What’s your favorite type of apple? I’m a die-hard golden delicious fan, but MacIntosh is a close second