Today’s Elf for Health challenge is to make a list of 20 things I’m thankful for, so I thought I’d tie it into my usual Thankful Thursday post! The more gratitude the better!
- My Family
We can be a little crazy and sometimes we get on each other’s nerves but they always make me laugh and are 100% supportive of everything I do. I couldn’t ask for a better family!
- My Friends
I’m lucky to have found such a great group of girls, they’re seriously amazing and never fail to make me laugh!
- My Boyfriend
He’s everything I could ever ask for in a boyfriend, and makes me feel like a better version of myself when I’m with him. Plus we’ve been together for six years and he hasn’t gotten sick of me yet, quite the amazing feat 🙂
Basically, I have some really amazing people in my life. Maybe it’s a little repetitive but family, friends and boyfriend will always top any thankful list I make. I’m so lucky to be surrounded by so many positive and supportive people.
- My Kitties (and all other animals too)
Crazy cat lady for lifeeee! Even though they’re not humans they still make me smile. It’s amazing the impact pets can have on your life. I miss them like crazy when I’m at school! Though I don’t miss my clothes being covered in cat hair.
- My Home/Apartment I’m thankful to have a roof over my head and not one but two places (my parent’s house and my college apartment to call home). It’s an easy thing to take for granted, but there are so many people who don’t have that luxury.
Of course 🙂 It’s carried me through many long nights of studying. And meeting for coffee is a great way to connect with people. The fact that it’s delicious is a bonus too.
I love all things artsy and even though it’s been wayyy too long since I’ve picked up a paint brush or a pencil. The rush I get when I finish a drawing or think up an idea for a design can’t be beat.
- My Health I’ve had relatively few health problems in my life (knock on wood) and rarely get sick (knock on wood again!). I’m so grateful to have I body healthy enough to push through a tough workout, and one that’s pretty forgiving when I stuff it full of sugary Christmas goodies 🙂
- Exercise sometimes my roommates think I’m a little crazy when I wake up at 6:00am to hit up a yoga class or go for a run but a daily workout helps keep me sane. It helps me blow off steam after a crazy week at school and helps with the fact that I can never seem to sit still!
- My Vegetarian Diet going vegetarian is one of the best decisions I’ve ever I made. Not eating meat makes me not only feel better ethically but physically as well. My diet has cleaned up so much in the past 7 years (I actually eat vegetables now!) thanks mostly to cutting out meat. Yay plants!
- My Job I absolutely love my job! Teaching Pilates has been a serious challenge for me, I’m pretty shy and terrible at public speaking, but it’s been so rewarding. I’m still amazed I get paid for it because it never feels like work.
- Yoga I love having that time to myself to (attempt) to meditate and just stretch everything out. Time on the mat, even a bad practice makes me feel so much better after a long day.
- Running running is a constant challenge for me but I think that’s why I love it. It’s constantly pushing me, not only physically but mentally as well. I’ve reached so many goals I though were unattainable and helps me believe in myself.
- This Blog! I love having an outlet for all my health freak/fitness and general life rambles. Not to mention I’ve met some pretty amazing people through blogging!
- The Mountains
Nature’s beauty at it’s finest. I’m lucky to be so close to them while I’m at school. They may make the weather a little crazy, but they sure are beautiful. I’m trying to soak in the views as much as possible before I graduate and move back to sea level!
- Chocolate it keeps me sane 🙂
- Adobe Creative Suite that sounds weird but it’s an essential graphic design tool and I use it pretty much daily. It makes design a million times easier and I’m thankful for that! I’m especially thankful for the undo function!
- Dance I wish I danced more often but dance has been such an amazing asset in m life. I’ve met some amazing friends through dance class, given some amount of coordination and is the most amazing emotional release. I haven’t performed in a while but nothing matches the adrenaline rush of getting up on stage.
- School it stresses me out sometimes but I’m so thankful for everything I’m learning while I’m there, not to mention all the amazing people I’ve met and experiences it’s given me.
- You Guys! Starting this blog I thought no one would ever read it, and even though I’d write it anyway it feels good to know people are reading. I love all your comments and having the opportunity to connect with people around the world, people I would never meet otherwise. Thanks for reading all my rambles!
What are you thankful for?