So this Thursday I have one thing in particular that I’m thankful for.
My education at this lovely university.
I’ve complained a lot this week about how stressed I am and how I’m so sick of school. That’s true at the moment, but in reality I’m so thankful for the opportunity to attend Appalachian, or any college in general. College is not an opportunity everyone gets to experience, so I’m grateful for everything I’ve learned here. It can be overwhelming, stressful, and well, does anyone really enjoy freshman biology? (Sorry to the bio majors out there) But it’s a gift I try not to take for granted. Blessed to be stressed right?
Now I just have to keep remembering this as professors continue to pile on the projects. Seriously guys, there’s only one day left in the semester, stop it already.
(Thanks Jessie for putting this together, taking a little time every week to be grateful does the soul good)
I have no clever segue for this, but earlier this week Megan from Running On Java nominated me for the Liebster Award! This is the first blogging award so I’m a little giddy about it. That’s a little nerdy but I’m not ashamed of it! Thanks Megan!
Here’s how it goes:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
- I had purple hair for 2 years in high school, and my dance class gave me the nickname Purple Rain
Don’t pretend like your not jealous of my AWESOME high school fashion sense. You should know that that’s a Power Rangers watch I’m wearing. I was one cool 15-year old. Senior year my dance teacher made me dye it a normal color for a dance competition (lame), and then I had to do lame adult stuff like get a job, so it’s been brown since.
- When I was younger one year for Halloween I was a Princess Ballerina Pony. My mom made all my Halloween and I think she got more than she bargained for when I told her what I wanted to be. I’ll have to dig up the pictures sometime, I wore this sweet rhinestone encrusted sweat suit ensemble with faux fur on the hood for the main and a pink tutu. Kids just don’t have the same imagination anymore.
- I have this weird thing about even numbers, I hate odd numbers and they bug me. I get extra excited when I get a race bib with an even number.
- I hate the smell of raw potatoes, everyone I tell this to thinks I’m crazy but they have this really weird rusty/salty smell I can’t stand.
- I drive like a granny, seriously don’t ever get behind me in traffic. I’m overly paranoid about getting pulled over and super stingy when it comes to gas. So I drive real slow. At least I’ve never gotten a ticket!
- I’m ALWAY cold. Like right now I have on running capris, sweat pants, thick socks, a workout tank, a regular tank, a cardigan and a hoodie, and the heat in our apartment is set on 70. I actually bought a space heater for my room so me and my hot-natured roommates wouldn’t fight over the heat. It’s basically my favorite thing ever.
- I’m a huge sucker for homeless animals. They break my heart and I want them to all come live with me. My family had 5 cats, all rescued, don’t come to my house if you’re allergic to cats.
How could you say no to those faces? The two striped cats were actually found dumped in a cardboard box in a park near my house. It makes me sad that someone could treat them like that, but I’m glad they found their way into my house, they make my day a little brighter.
- I don’t think I could ever eat meat again. Going vegetarian is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and it’s good for my mental health. True story, I was watching the documentary Food, Inc. and it made me cry. Especially the part with the chickens, yes I’m a sap.
- I have an unnatural hatred for pickles. Hate is an understatement, I can’t not think of one redeeming quality a pickle has, everything about them are gross. Bleck.
- I’ve taken African dance classes before, yep this little white girl.
- I could eat the exact same foods everyday and not get sick of them. I’m such a creature of habit when it comes to food it’s a little ridiculous, case and point, my peanut butter oatmeal breakfast:
And I ate a bagel with cream cheese for lunch everyday in middle school, I did get a little crazy and switch up the flavors everyone once in a while though. What a rebel.
Now for Megans’s questions:
- If you weren’t where you are right now, where would you be?
Oh gosh, I don’t know if I should be deep or literal. Let’s go with both. If I wasn’t sitting in my apartment right now, I would probably be at home snuggling with my kitties. If I weren’t where I am in life right now I’d probably be lost, I’m really indecisive and college has really helped me define a path in life I hope to pursue.
- What is your favorite scent?
Pumpkin! I stock up on all the Bath & Body Works fall scents when they go on clearance because they are my favorite scents, I’ll even whip out a pumpkin candle in the middle of July! I hate that it’s a seasonal scent!
- Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks?
STARBUCKS. Always always always. I’m not a Dunkin’ fan. As an NC native I might be a little biased, but Krispy Kreme doughnuts are like 1000 times better anyway. And when it comes to coffee I’m a fan of super dark stomach churning stuff, which is exactly Starbuck’s specialty.
Finally got my first red cup of the season!
- What’s one thing you can’t go a day without?
Coffee! That’s not true, I’ve gone days without it before, they were rough but I did it. Actually talking to my boyfriend. Our phone conversations always make me smile and I can’t sleep if I don’t get a chance to talk to him before bed.
He’s ridiculous, but he does make me smile.
- What time do you typically wake up/go to bed?
Too early/too late, I typically wake up anywhere between 6:00 and 7:30 depending on when my first class is and I usually got to bed some where around midnight. It’s a good day if I’m in bed by 11:30 but that’s a rarity, it’s usually closer to 12:30. I’m pretty terrible at getting a decent amount of sleep. I thought it was an accomplishment getting 7 hours a couple nights ago. Sad.
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
People with serious first world problems. I’ll be the first to admit that I can complain about some seriously petty things, but you know those people that complain about the most ridiculous things. Like the other day on the bus I overheard someone complaining about the fact that they’re parents only gave them $200 a week, um what?! That’s a lot of money, especially when your unemployed but is wasting it away by going out drinking every other night. There are just so many people out there with so little that complaining about things like your TV not working perfectly, or other petty things just seems so ridiculous to me.
- Favorite season/why?
Spring, I love seeing everything come back to life after a long cold winter. Plus my birthday is in the spring 🙂
- Who are you dying to meet?
I would love to meet Kathy Griffin, her stand up is hilarious and even though her humor is a little offensive she’s done a lot of work for charities.
- If money was no object, where would you travel?
Europe, I would love to go but I’m terrified of flying. But if money were no object then I could afford some serious happy drugs to sedate me for that plane ride.
- Why did you start blogging?
I read other blogs for overt a year before starting my own. The community seem really amazing and I wanted a place where I could gush about the amazing workout I had that day or how many veggies I ate. Most of my friends and family aren’t real into healthy living/fitness like I am (not that they’re not healthy) and get a little bored when I spend half and hour telling them about my latest run.
- What’s next on your “to-do” list for today?
Well since it’s almost 11:00pm I’m close to calling it quits for the day, but I’ll probably work on my final web page for my Dreamweaver class a little more before bed. I made a huge dent in school work today though, three applications and cover letters for internships, two Dreamweaver projects and some decent projects on some of my other assignments. It feels good!
Now for my questions:
- What was your first pet?
- If you could be paid to do something, anything, for a living what would it be?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What is your favorite part of your body?
- What is your proudest moment?
- If you were an animal what kind would you be and why?
- What did you major in in college/what would you have majored in?
- Would you rather dye your hair pink, or wear overalls everyday for a month?
- If you could donate one million dollars to any charity which would it be and and why?
- What’s your favorite ride at Disney World/what’s your favorite kind of theme park ride?
- If you had to pick a vegetable to describe your personality what would it be?
And I nominate…. EVERYONE! Maybe that’s a cop out, but I hate to think I might leave someone out so I pick everyone. Everyone deserves a fun award every once and a while.
Pick a couple questions from above to answer, I tried to be creative with them 🙂