Saturday night my brain was on the verge of implosion after 6 straight hours of homework. Yep, as fun as it sounds. Luckily, baking up these cookies gave me a nice little break from the books, and they make a great study snack too!
So as a heads up, don’t think of these as a dessert-y cookie, they’re not overly sweet but I ate the entire batch in two days so I can safely say they’re still delicious.
Snack Bar Cookies
(Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (make sure they’re certified GF if that’s an issue for you)
- 0.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used Blue Diamond’s Unsweetened Almond and Coconut Blend)
- 0.25 cups peanut butter
- 0.25 cups pepitas
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used unflavored pea protein)
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey*
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
*If you have normal taste buds you’ll probably want to increase this to 0.25 cups, I don’t like things very sweet, just a warning. Also, you can sub agave, maple syrup or another liquid sweetener if you want to keep the cookies vegan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water, let sit for a few minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, in a separate bowl, stir together the wet ingredients including the flax egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Scoop the batter on to a lightly greased cookie sheet and back for 10-12 minutes, taking the cookies out when they are slightly underdone because they will continue to cook on the pan.
- Enjoy as a snack or during an intense study session, and just remember if you eat half the batch in one night it’s okay because they’re healthy 🙂
Makes 24-26 two-inch cookies
I hope you enjoy!
What’s your favorite healthy study/homework/work snack?
What’s your favorite kind of cookie? I don’t think I’ve ever had a cookie, healthy or not, that I didn’t like 🙂