It’s one busy Monday today! Now that Thanksgiving is over it’s only a couple weeks until exams which means crunch time for me. Time to wrap up everything in my classes and finally start working on those big projects I was assigned at the beginning of the semester but haven’t gotten around to yet. Hey, it happens sometimes.
It’s going to be a long couple of weeks, but at least Christmas break is right around the corner!
Luckily I have a few things making this very busy Monday marvelous
(A big thanks to Katie for hosting every week)
- A weekend at home, I love a good weekend back at home with my parents. It helps me relax, recharge and get ready for a busy week. Plus I got lots of kitty cuddling in which makes things a million times better
- Going to a guest lecture tonight, maybe that sounds a little nerdy but Melanie Joy is coming to campus to give a presentation on her book “Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows”. I haven’t read it but it sounds right up my animal-loving alley and should be an interesting presentation!
- Chakra meditation, a grad student did a Chakra meditation activity with my Somatics class and it was really awesome. Chakra meditation is definitely something I would never try on my own (it involves chanting, not my cup of tea), but I felt so calm and relaxed and it was a fun new experience! If you interested, you can read more about chakra meditation here.
- Elf For Health! I saw the Elf For Health Challenge on Lindsay‘s page, fell in love with the idea and literally signed up at the last second. I didn’t think I made it in time for the first round but I was still paired up with another Elf! If you haven’t heard about the challenge, basically there is a different challenge everyday for 6 weeks and you randomly paired with a partner and you e-mail each other positive encouragement/tips/ideas/struggles/etc. during the week as you work on the challenges. My partner and I just exchanged e-mails last night, but I can already tell she is going to be an awesome partner! She actually has a blog too if you want to check her out: Something Lemon. It’s only a day in but I’m loving the challenge and connecting with health-minded people from all over the world. Thanks Lindsay and Elle for putting together such an awesome challenge!
- Today’s Elf For Health Challenge, which is Meatless Monday! Vegetarianism makes me a pro at this one (:
What made your Monday Marvelous?
Are you participating in Elf for Health?
What’s you’re favorite meatless meal?