I’m not gonna lie, despite the dreary weather my Monday has been surprisingly marvelous. Gotta love it when that happens.
Thanks Katie for hosting!
- I finished my first week of training for the Tar Heel 10-miler! I’m loosely following Hal Higdon’s 15K training plan (loosely because I’m giving myself lots of time to build up my mileage since I haven’t been doing much running, and I have until April, wayyy more than 10 weeks). I also got in a 3 mile run before class this morning! We’ll pretend that my first class doesn’t start at 12:30pm. And I got to break out my new Old Navy exercise gear
- We did Trager massages in my Somatics class! It felt amazing! Especially because it was right after my run. Can massages be a mandatory post-run thing? If you’ve never heard of the Trager approach (because I definitely hadn’t) it’s based off using the body’s natural movements to relax the muscles. They do a much better job of explaining it here but basically it feels amazing.
- I realized I had leftover chili from this weekend and didn’t have to cook dinner. I love it when that happens.
Even better that it was a cold and dreary day and chili is the perfect rainy day food.
- In my Entrepreneurship class we learned about an organization called Kiva and they’re pretty awesome. It’s such a cool way to help people out and organizations like that just warm my heart. Yes, I’m a huge sap. Check them out if you haven’t heard of them!
- No one showed up to my Pilates class ): Okay, that’s not at all marvelous, but I’ve been pretty exhausted all day and while I absolutely love teaching Pilates, it definitely would not have been my best class. So while it stinks that no one showed up, it’s nice to have a break and it doesn’t hurt that I get paid for the class regardless of whether anyone shows.
- EIGHT DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING BREAK! I’m a little excited, if you couldn’t tell.
- I had a this really delicious granola bar as a snack today:
It was super tasty and of course I love anything pumpkin-spiced flavored, I’m a healthy living blogger after all!
- I had a really fun weekend, which I’ll recap tomorrow (and I ran a 5k which I owe you a recap of!). It made waking up Monday morning a little more bearable.
- My yoga streak is still going strong! I’m up to 12 days so far! My muscles feel fantastic and I feel way less stressed and just so much better all-around. There’s a special Yoga Condition class being offered on campus tomorrow and I heard from one of the yoga teachers that it’s going to be a butt kicker. I’m super excited! My yoga needs a good kick in the butt!
Psh, I can totally do that…
- My roommate’s birthday is this weekend and we’re having a Friendsgiving celebration! I’m excited! We’re doing it potluck style and I haven’t decided what I’m making but I’m definitely bringing cranberry sauce. The can-shaped kind, which is the ONLY kind in my opinion (:
Are you a canned cranberry sauce fan? I think the ridges make it tastier (:
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish? I need some ideas!
What made your Monday Marvelous