First things first:
I GOT PEANUT BUTTER! I went a whole 36 hours without peanut butter, I’m glad that’s over. Yes 36 hours without peanut butter is an excruciating long time for me, don’t you judge. My roommate texted me when I was on my way back to the apartment last night telling my my debit card came in, and you can bet I high-tailed it to the grocery store as soon as I got off the bus. I made it to the grocery store 30 minutes before closing and made a bee-line for the peanut butter. Reunited and it feels so good.
Apparently EarthFare has a 5% student discount on Wednesday too, it was fate. I think I’ll be at EarthFare every Wednesday from now on. I’m already planning to hold onto my student ID and using it for discounts until I can’t pass as a student anymore. Since people think I look 15 I’m thinking I have about 10 years of discounts left. You think I’m kidding.
Today I spent 9 hours in front of a computer. Six hours of graphic arts classes + 3 hours of work on design projects for those classes = a very tired pair of eyeballs.
Luckily, I had some yummy snacks to help fuel my designing frenzy. This bar was DELICIOUS, chocolate makes everything better, especially when it’s healthy.
I might have had a teeny kitchen disaster tonight while making dinner…
So I made some of Caitlin‘s Flax-Encrusted Sweet Potato Balls (super easy to make and tasty by the way!) the other night and one fell out of the pan and into the bottom of the oven when I pulled the pan out of the oven. I meant to grab it out of the oven after it cooled down but, um, I forgot to. I turned on the oven to preheat it before roasting some veggies (basically what I’ve been eating for dinner daily as soon as the weather dipped below 85). As I’m chopping some brussel sprouts I look over and see a fire in the oven.
Guess what was on fire. Yep, that little rouge sweet potato ball. My roommate and I managed to put the fire out, after stopping to take a picture first, because that’s a totally normal reaction. We just had a smoky kitchen and luckily the only casualty was one very charred sweet potato ball.
And don’t fret, I still got my veggies roasted. They were delicious, and kind of worth the small fire.
What’s your biggest kitchen disaster? I think a fire takes the cake for me.
Tomorrows Friday! What are your weekend plans?