Naps should be a requirement on rainy days. Unfortunately, I didn’t get one, I had silly things like class to go. I even woke up a 7:00 am, you know, to get to my 12:30pm class on time. Early bird problems.
Even though it was a dreary, rainy Monday and I didn’t get the nap I was craving, it was still a pretty marvelous day.
- I made my own protein bars! I seriously only have $1 to my name right now, broke as a joke (I’m in the process of switching banks and and am officially out of money until my new debit card gets here) so I got resourceful and made some bars to take to campus with me. They came out a little crumbly but that’s okay, look for pictures on Wednesday because I’m too lazy right now. I can post the recipe if you want, but it’s one of those kitchen sink kind of recipes.
- I got 3 different compliments on my playlist for my Pilates class. Yeayuh.
- I put some pumpkin air fresheners in my room and it now smells like pumpkin/spicy/fall heaven:
Bath & Body Works fall collection is going to put me on the poor house.
- I found the perfect spin class to go to. It’s only 45 minutes so I get an amazing workout without being completely wiped out.
- I’m learning basic anatomy in my Somatics class and I’m loving it. The human body is so complex, it’s amazing how it all works together. And our class has a plastic skeleton named Skullio, awesome.
- Free kittens in the farmer’s market!
My roommates better be glad our apartment complex doesn’t allow pets, or this little guy would have come home with me. . The vendor asked if I wanted to hold the kitten and the conversation went some thing like this: “No… I shouldn’t… No, that’s a bad idea… YES I WOULD LOVE TO”. Why are kittens so adorable?
- The farmer’s market was on Saturday but that little kitten was so stinkin cute he even made my Monday better. I want him. I’m okay with being the crazy cat lady.
- I just hardboiled eggs for the first time and finished making these. On a cooking roll. Actually I have to be because I can’t buy groceries until my new debit card comes in (dear post office gods, please let it show up in my mailbox tomorrow)
- I have 5 different design opportunities coming up, things are going to get a little crazy but I am not complaining one bit.
- Planned a hike on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend for my roommates.
Get me up on them mountains. It’s been far too long since my last hike. Over 4 months ago actually, that’s a problem.
- Everyday that starts with Trader Joe’s dark coffee is a good day in my book
Joe the Trader, why is everything you make so delicious?
What made your Monday Marvelous?
Do you like hiking? If you do, check out the hiking tab at the top of my page for pictures and recaps of all my recent hikes.