I had quite the fun and jam-packed weekend this weekend!
The weekend started early with my friend’s 21st birthday, we went out to dinner at a local Thai restaurant, Cha Da Thai. This was my first time eating there but I’d heard very good things and was not disappointed. When my friend told me she wanted to go to Cha Da Thai I looked up their menu online and saw their menu had a curry section. I was ridiculously excited for this meal all week. I have a completely unnatural love for curry, can’t get enough!
So obviously that’s what I got! I ordered the Kaeng Panang Curry with tofu, which I’m sure I totally butchered the pronunciation of when ordering. Anywho, it was a “delicious, sweet red curry dish with coconut cream, broccoli, snow pea, carrot, bell peppers and kaffir leaves.” delicious indeed. I finished every last tasty drop of that curry sauce. Not sorry about it.
And the birthday girl got 4 birthday crowns and a light up wand. And apparently a super blurry picture. Sorry guys.
The celebrations continued on Friday night with cupcakes and daiquiris.
I whipped up some chocolate cupcakes using Bob’s Redmill Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix (hey, I wanted to eat some too!), and because I can’t seem to leave cake mix well enough alone, I swirled some peanut butter in on top. Best decision ever. They didn’t even need frosting after that, I would know because I ate 4 of them. No shame.
We ended our super girly night with Moulin Rouge. It was actually my first time seeing Moulin Rouge and it was pretty weird, but they sing Elton John’s “Your Song”. That sassy little gay man makes every thing better.
Saturday morning started off with a CrossFit workout (which was amazing!). Post-CrossFit (and shower!) My friends and I headed out to a flea market in nearby Deep Gap to see what treasures we could find. A good alternative to dealing with the drunk tailgaters on campus. Sidenote: I love how tailgating makes daytime drunkenness totally acceptable (but Appalachian beat Montana!).
If the cats were any indication of the things inside, we were in for a treat. We actually ended up finding some pretty cool things:
And soooo much more. The place was full to the brim with stuff. We even found an old stop light, some samurai swords, and a family’s old Christmas stockings. I left with a $2 mini-buddha and a $0.50 unicorn figurine (best $0.50 I’ve ever spent!). Pictures when I decide to get off my lazy butt and take them (:
Then we ended up on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
So beautiful, I really love the mountains.
Sunday I just decided to be a lazy bum. I’m not even going to try to sugar-coating it, I didn’t leave my apartment once. Laziness at its finest.
Which brings us to Monday!
- Oats in a jar for breakfast. Fewer dirty dishes ftw please! Though now I’m pretty sad that I’m out of almond butter… and that this is the 4th jar of nut butter I’ve finished in 3 weeks. By myself. I don’t play when it comes to my nut butter consumption.
- A square of unsweetened Baker’s chocolate followed this jar of oatmeal. Chocolate makes Mondays better. It’s a fact.
- I took an unexpected spin class today after class. I was going to go for a 3-mile run but my foot is feeling like it’s starting to act up again, so I nixed the running idea, checked the group fitness schedule and saw that there was a 45 minute spin class at the same time I was going to go running. Lucky fitness coincidence!
- University recreation FINALLY got new yoga/pilates mats! Inhaling foot stench was not the most zen thing in the world.
- Speaking of Pilates, my class went awesome today. I’m starting to get in the teaching-zone and I’m really enjoying teaching every week. I have a few repeat students and it makes me so happy to see their faces every week. They like me! They really like me! (Kidding! But I’m happy they enjoy their workout)
- The community service club I’m a part of has TRIPLED in size this year. I went to a meeting today and was amazed by amount of people I saw. It warms my heart that so many people want to do good in the world.
- Gluten-free pizza leftovers. It has been 5 MONTHS (ridiculous!) since I last had pizza and I have been craving it something fierce. Thank you Amy for your delicious pizza, and an extra thank you for making it big enough for leftovers.
- My protein powder finally came in! I ordered some Now Foods Pea Protein Powder from Swanson Vitamins the other day and my order came in today! I’m about to get my protein on.
How was your weekend?
What made your Monday Marvelous?