Today has been pretty uninteresting. I went to a 6 am spin class (wonderful), went to work and then spent the evening
procrastinating packing (moving back to school on Sunday!). I hate packing, if some packing fairies decide to pop up and I find all my stuff boxed up tomorrow morning I wouldn’t complain. Please?
I thought a survey might be fun. I’ve seen this one all over the blog-world. I thought I’d hop on the survey train too.
This or That?
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow? Heat and humidity! I’m the BIGGEST wimp ever when it comes to running in the cold! Maybe you remember this terrible 5k I ran in the cold. Cold is gross. Plus I usually get sick after running in the cold which is no bueno.
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs? Washboard! I like to dream big =)
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors? I’d probably pick Dr. Oz over the Doctors but I don’t like how overzealous he is when it comes to recommending supplements. I’m also not a fan of how he has to bust out the preserved body part every time he talks about a different disease. A nice illustration would get the point across.
4. Cardio or strength? Both! I burn out if I don’t constantly mix things up. I have the worst gym ADD. That being said, I’m really digging cardio at the moment, but with some weight intervals thrown in.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs? Carbs! All day everyday. I could literally just eat carbs all day (and peanut butter!) and be completely content. People who claim they don’t like carbs are ridiculous. Carbs are delicious.
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? Probably Bob Harper, I didn’t watch much Biggest Loser when Jillian Michaels was on it and I’ve never tried any of her videos, but Bob seems nicer. Plus he’s a vegan, which I think is pretty cool.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? Fro yooooo. I had a bite of my dads ice cream the other week and was almost sent into diabetic shock. Not really, but I like the tartness of frozen yogurt much better. But if someone offered me a free scoop of ice cream I certainly wouldn’t turn it down.
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body? On the fence, I like working my lower body because it’s way stronger than my upper body, but I feel like balancing things out. And lunges are my nemesis and upper body workouts don’t include lunges so I’m a fan.
9. Protein powder or food with protein? I know it’s so much better to get protein from food, but protein powder comes in delicious flavors like vanilla and chocolate! It’s a nice change from eggs/soy/beans/cottage cheese galore. But I don’t buy protein powder very often so most of my protein comes from food.
10. Lunges or squats? Squats! Anything but lunges please. I hate hate hate lunges. They’re good for me but they feel like torture. I would rather do burpees than lunges, I hate them that much.
11. Sweet or salty? Sweet, salty is great but I would rather eat 528457298457 pounds of fruit.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy? Comfy, I look like a hot mess when I’m in the gym. But buying cute workout clothes is totally motivation to get my butt to the gym.
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting? I’ve never taken a Body Pump class but my gym offers something that sounds similar, I like heavy lifting better. I love seeing the progress you get with heavy lifting and feeling like a beast.
14. Yoga or Pilates? Even though I teach Pilates, I have to say Yoga. I love Pilates, but I never crave Pilates like I crave a good yoga session. Yoga encompasses so much more than just a workout, and I think that’s part of why I’m drawn to it.
15. Nike or Adidas? I’ve actually never owned anything from either brand, crazy right? I think Nike’s stuff is cuter though.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors? At the moment I’m loving the treadmill, but I’m sure that will change when the weather cools down. But right now AC definitely beats out 95 degree summer weather.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? I love Whole Foods but my wallet loves Trader Joe’s.
18. Summer or Winter Olympics? Summer! Mostly because I’m not a fan of the snow or cold, and I love watching gymnastics and running. But at this point I’ll take any Olympics I can get my hands on, I’m still in the midst of some serious Olympic withdrawals.
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos? Classes by far. I get so lazy when it comes to exercise videos, classes are so much more motivating. I love the atmosphere and I feel like I push myself so much harder when I’m working out around other people.
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? Roasted veggies! So much more flavorful and less squishy.