I had a busy weekend and lots to catch you up on, so list it is!
- Mixed greens, scrambled tamari-marinated tofu, feta cheese and rosemary roasted potato (aka carby white potato heaven). I cried a little after not eating the biscuit (but I still snuck a pinch of one) but it didn’t stop me from enjoying their famous cranberry apple butter, straight up, with a spoon. I’m such a classy lady.
- Fro-yo followed a couple of hours later. Tart with bananas, chocolate covered raisins, peanut butter and granola. Sooo delicious. Delicious enough that I forgot to take a picture. Not sorry about it.
- Saturday morning I was going to go to another CrossFit class, but my mom was going to the farmer’s market, and sometimes family farmer’s market trips win out over CrossFit, especially when you’re moving back to school in a week. But I’m still hoping to catch a class one more time before I leave for Boone on Sunday! We got quite the haul at the farmers market: cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, apples, blueberries, figs, yellow squash, zucchini, grape tomatoes, corn, beets, kale and black bean hummus. I think I’m set for a while.
- I bought a new pair of flats the other weekend and I’m working on breaking them in, which means mad blisters in the mean time. Luckily, Hello Kitty band-aids have magical healing properties
- I ran a 5K Saturday night! On the treadmill. I’m working my running endurance back up in time for some fall races. I’m ready for fall running weather. The summer heat is slowly killing me.
- Who else watched the Olympic closing ceremonies? The closing made about as much sense as the opening, but I still loved it. Any ceremony with an interactive Freddie Mercury performance is fine by me. Though I think if Tupac got a hologram, he deserves on too.
- Today I went through some serious Olympic withdrawals. I don’t even remember what I watched on TV before the Olympics. The Olympics should happen every year, or every month. I don’t know how I’m going to wait until 2016.
- I went to a Basic Training class this evening and we did a kickboxing sequence on the ground, think Pilates side series but kickbox-y, my legs were burning! I’ll definitely have to incorporate into some of my own workouts.
- Dinner tonight:
Tofu, onions, bell pepper, and farmer’s market kale and beets cooked in dijon mustard. It was quite the yummy combo.
- 5 am spin class in the morning!
What did you do this weekend?
What’s your favorite restaurant meal? Mine is this sandwich from the Remedy Dinner in downtown Raleigh. But my salad from the Flying Biscuit is a close second.
Does anyone know what Bob Costas does when the Olympics aren’t happening? Mystery.