It’s been kind of a crazy week. Tangents are necessary.
- I’ve had the most ridiculous songs stuck in my head lately. In the past couple days I’ve had “Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini” and the theme song to Gullah Gullah Island stuck in my head. What? I don’t think I’ve heard either of those songs in a good five years.
I can’t say I don’t miss that show though, Binya Binya Polywog was the best.
- I got my first paper cut at work, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Boo hoo. I can thank the thousands (not an exaggeration) of sheets of I punch holes in yesterday. I’m glad I can be so dramatic over the teeniest cut ever. You’re welcome. I feel like paper cuts are a rite of passage when you’re working at a print shop. Except I guess when you’re doing their graphic design work, because that job doesn’t actually involve handling paper.
- I’ve been quite the barefoot hippie lately.
I’m just not a fan of shoes. I took advantage of working in the back of the store because it meant I could go shoeless and customers wouldn’t judge me. I’m sure my co-workers did though. I think I’ve spent too much time in Boone, I’m getting hippie-r by the minute.
- Speaking of barefeet, I’ve been doing some reading lately:
And so is my cat apparently, though I think he’s already got that whole barefoot running thing down. It’s a pretty interesting to read and the more I read the more I’m convinced barefoot is the way to go. I’m not sure that I’ll be chucking out my running shoes just yet, but the book brings up a lot of good points and I might have to try it out sometime.
- I’ve been on the biggest smoothie kick lately. Usually I’m not the biggest smoothie person, not because they’re not delicious (because they are), but they rarely keep me full. I bought some protein powder at Trader Joe’s the other day and adding it into the smoothie mix and now they have way more staying power.
Oatmeal peanut butter green monster, all in a sweet university housing cup (I think that cup cost at least $10,000, yeahhh overly priced dorm living) Lesson learned today: if you run out of spinach, kale is not the same thing. It was all I could taste in the smoothie, it probably would have been good with fruit, but peanut butter and oats? Yuck. I still drank the whole thing though, so obviously I didn’t hate it too much. I’m thinking about making a smoothie recipe compilation post, anyone interested? I promise to leave out the kale.
- I’ve been digging into my Healthy Surprise box slowly but surely. Maybe by this time next year I’ll have it finished, at the rate I’m going I’ll probably never get sent a product to review again.
Snack #1: Oskri Chewy Coconut Bar. It had a short ingredient list (coconut, rice syrup and cherries) which I love but, I was on the fence about this guy. The bar wasn’t bad but it was very sweet and pretty greasy (aka not a good snack to eat at the computer, found that one out the hard way). I wish it had more cherries or something crunchy it in. It was good, but I probably wouldn’t buy it myself.
Snack #2: Gone Nuts! Thai Lemon Curry sprouted nut blend. You could also call it curry-flavored crack. This stuff is AMAZING. I love all things curry so these were right up my alley. The nuts were deliciously savory and the curry flavored gave things a little kick. I could have easily eaten the entire bag in one sitting. I’m really glad the box came with two bags!
- The Olympics start tomorrow! I’m beyond excited about it.
What song have you had stuck in your head recently?
Have you tried barefoot running?