What do you do when your Trader Joe’s employed brother brings home a big box of dates (but still no girlfriend. Kidding)? Stuff your face with them when he’s not looking.
Then make him homemade Larabars to make up for it.
This might be the easiest recipe on the face of the earth. Does two ingredients even count as a recipe? I’ll pretend yes.
Homemade Larabars (vegan and gluten-free)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Heaping 1/3 cup trail mix of your choice (I used Trader Joe’s Simply Almond, Cashew and Cranberries trail mix)
- In a food processor, process the trail mix until no larger chunks remain (about 10 seconds)
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until glob-y (technical culinary term), or basically until the dates are broken down and the mixture is beginning to stick together. If the mixture looks too dry you can always add more dates.
- Scoop the date mixture into a ziploc bag or onto cling wrap, squish and form into desire shape (bars, balls, one giant Larabar log, or dump into a bowl and eat with a spoon, whatever suits your fancy)
- I let mine set in the fridge for about an hour before eating because it helps the bars firm up and not fall apart, totally optional though
Makes 4-5 larabar sized servings.
Easy peasy homemade bars. Bonus: it will even saves you a little money.