I can’t believe I’m already done with phase 1! I’m really excited to start phase 2, cardio, oh how I’ve missed you!
Week 4 is basically a repeat of week 3. It was nice to get a chance to work on my form and try to increase my weight slightly, but I did get a little bored. I do have a serious case of exercise ADD and I’m enjoying learning new exercises so much that I just get antsy.
My thoughts this week:
- Tricep exercises are INTENSE. I could barely lift my arms after tricep/chest day, wimpy.
- It feels really good to see improvements from week to week, it keeps me motivated to keep trucking along
- My face does weird things when I do Bent Over Barbell Rows
Pros and Cons of Phase 1
- Pros: the program did a great job of easing me into strength training and it didn’t let the weight room get overwhelming, watching my progress is incredibly motivating and I have gained the confidence to hold my own in the weight room with the grunting men
- Cons: it was nice to get a break from cardio but I still miss it, and lunges are the devil.
I completed the first workout of Phase 2 today and whew, Phase 2 will be intense, but I’m excited still about it! I’m going to be so sore tomorrow.
Now, I’m going to go watch the Olympic Trials. I’m beyond excited for the Olympics this year. Only 32 more days!
Any good workouts this week? Share! I love hearing about other’s workouts!