- Walking through the grocery store in sweaty biker shorts post-gym sesh is awkward. People stare. Especially when you’re lugging around a gallon of soy milk. Don’t care.
- I got a comforter for my apartment next year for $9. Thank you Target, I love you.
- Cats are cute:
But they sure do poop a lot. I spent Wednesday morning volunteering at my local SPCA. The cats were adorable, and friendly, but I cleaned 20 litter boxes by myself. I then considered bathing in a pool of hand sanitizer. But it was for a good cause, so I won’t complain too much, they’re cute little faces make it worth it!
- I need these in my life:
Wine bottle bow ties. Genius. Who thought wine drinking could get any classier?
- I hate Jamie Eason, but I really love her. This week’s LiveFit workouts have been killing me in the best way possible.
Single leg deadlifts kill me every time. Julie mentioned them last week. It makes muscles burn that I didn’t even know I had. But they are secretly my favorite exercise of the day, apparently I’m some sort of masochist. I did them on Monday and my legs are STILL sore today. They are no joke.
- Today marks a month at my internship! I’m still learning lots! I don’t talk about what I do there too often because I had to sign confidentiality agreements and what not, but I’ve gotten to work on a huge variety of projects. When I got the internship I was a little wary, because the business is fairly small, but that turned out to be great because they treat me like a real employee. I’m really enjoying the experience!
- Speaking of design, I’ve been hard core nerding out on some graphic design podcasts lately. I could listen to people talk about logos, Adobe and business cards for hours. Nerd alert.
The Deeply Graphic Designcast is my current favorite. The cover a huge variety of design topics and they give a lot of great tips and resources for designers. If you’re looking for some design inspiration/resources/tips or if you just need to relish in your inner design nerd, check them out.
- I’m leaving for Spartanburg, South Carolina for the weekend tomorrow to visit my grandfather. I’m excited to see my grandfather, but there’s no internet there. Help.
- I’m officially re-addicted to yoga, I can’t get enough. More on that tomorrow.
Well I’m off to bed, have a good night!
Listen to any good podcasts lately?
I’m on a serious podcast kick at the moment, and I’m open to suggestions if anyone has one they love! Any and all topics are welcome.