Dorm Room Cuisine.

Cooking in a dorm room can be interesting. Healthy, vegetarian, gluten-free cooking in a dorm room can be quite the under taking. Luckily 3 years of dorm life has armed me with the skills to get it done.

Steps to Dorm Gourmet:

  1. Tofu – open, drain, and press with whatever heavy objects are available

    ImageLike a broken Starbucks mug and a bottle of sriracha. Surprisingly not the strangest things I’ve ever pressed tofu with.

  2. Add veggies– lots of them, and frozen because you know your mini fridge is too small to stock fresh.ImageTrue college student style because I bought it with a coupon.
  3.  Microwave – until the end of eternity because you’re only allowed to have a 700 watt microwave.
  4. Add Flavor – scrounge your room until you find salt, pepper, and sriracha, because you don’t actually have room to keep spices.
  5. Eat– even though half of it’s still cold even after 6 minutes of microwaving, too lazy to get back up again.Image
    And laugh because that bag of frozen veggies said it had 3 servings. More like half a Lea-sized serving.
  6. Dessert!

ImageChocolate Almond Butter, you are truly a beautiful thing. Too bad you are $9 a jar, it’s a good thing your packets are only $0.79, such a tease.
Welcome to how about 60% of my meals go down (the other 40% happen in the dining hall). Finding out you could cook tofu in the microwave made my life 2938452938572398 times better.

I had a low key day today. I started out the morning with a spin class, which was sweaty and amazing. I got in my 15 minutes of foam rolling and stretching afterwards, it felt so good, my legs were like noodles afterwards.

Then I spent 5 hours staring at a computer screen. Don’t want to talk about it. Got some serious work done though.

I ventured over to Earth Fare to do a little grocery shopping. Grocery shopping on a Friday night? What a party animal. I seriously love grocery shopping though, especially at places like Earth Fare, I could browse forever. So many fun foods to look at.

The rest of the night has been spent vegging out and relaxing. It’s much needed. I’m running a 5K in the morning (my goal is a sub-30 or close, but it will be a blast regardless). And I’m going with a friend to hike Grandfather Mountain (admission is only $1 in April!), it will be an exhausting but exciting day, that’s for sure.

One last thing! Bess Be Fit and Peanut Butter Powered is doing a Stretch For Seven Challenge starting April 16th (My birthday!). The challenge is to do at least 20 minutes of foam rolling/stretching/yoga every day to help take care of those muscles.


I thought it was too awesome that this popped up the day after I set a similar personal challenge for myself so I had to join in.

Previous Post
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  •  lea

    Hi! I'm Lea, a 21 year old, health freak, vegetarian, art-loving, college student. Welcome to my blog!

    contact_button_email contact_button_twitter  contact_button_facebook  contact_button_pinterest

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Photobucket

    Tribesports encouraged this


    The Lean Green Bean
  • Archives

  • Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: