I’ve got a fun snow day recipe for you guys today. Sorry to those of you that live in warm climates because you can’t enjoy this fun recipe. Actually, I’m not sorry because I’m super jealous.
I really wish I could take credit for this recipe, but all credit goes to my brilliant neighbors (the same ones responsible for the awesome French party a couple weeks ago). Sometimes, spending a few too many weekends trapped in tiny college apartments can lead to some pretty genius ideas.
Kahlua Snow Cream
Oh you read that right. Finally a reason to look forward to snow days
- ~2 cups snow (watch out for yellow snow)
- 1 shot Kahlua (Bailey’s would be delicious too!)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used Almond/Coconut)
- Optional add ins: hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup (see a trend), pretty much anything else delicious
- Combine all ingredients in a mug or glass.
- Stir, stir, stir
- Add more snow as needed, it condenses down a lot as you stir everything together, I ended up using twice as much snow as I thought I’d need.
- Adjust alcohol in proportion to snowfall, I think blizzards justify a second shot. Just saying.
- Enjoy responsibly and celebrate your snow day.
Thrift store horse mugs are optional, but strongly recommended.
What’s your favorite snow day activity? Baking cookies. Inside. Where it’s warm.